There is nothing quite serious as one’s love for chocolate cake, is it? There are tonnes of ways to make a chocolate cake, and honestly, this version of mine is the simplest one. You will find everything you need in your kitchen pantry and the beauty of this recipe is its sheer simplicity. Nothing fancy, just your regular soft sponge chocolate cake with a luxury, rich ganache. Get into the baking mood because you are about to whip the most wholesome, scrumptious and softest chocolate cake ever.
Eggless Chocolate Cake Grandma’s way
Remember how our home used to smell like a sweet delight when our mom’s used to whip a chocolate cake in our childhood. The sweet aroma of that delicious treat still takes us on a nostalgia ride, doesn’t it? Well, what if I tell you that nostalgia could be relived in just a few minutes by baking yourself a chocolate cake. We all deserve a treat after the heavy workday and heartbreaks. Cheat meals are the way to the heart and this chocolate cake is a sinful guilty ride you wouldn’t mind hogging on. All it takes is one pan to assemble this beautiful mix and you are all set to bake it in an oven.
Is this chocolate cake vegan?
This chocolate cake is not vegan. It uses milk, cream and curd. However, we have the vegan cake recipe coming up on the blog super soon. Stay tuned. Till then, whip the batter of this chocolate cake and dig in this baked delicious gooey chocolate cake.
This recipe makes 750-gram chocolate sponge cake. Bake it in an 8-inch cake mould to get a perfect consistency.
For the Sponge
1 + 1/4th Cup All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Grain Sugar
¼ Cup Brown Sugar ( Substitute it with normal sugar if not available)
3 TBSP Cocoa Powder
½ Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
¼ Cup Hung Curd
½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tsp Coffee Powder
¾ Cup Hot Water
For the Ganache
¾ Cup Dark Chocolate
¾ cup Fresh cream
Steps to make a simple eggless chocolate cake in one pan
This simple cake recipe is as good as your favourite bakery buy. Trust me, it’s much better than hogging on store-bought cakes, especially when it takes as little as 10 minutes to prep for the mix.
Let’s bake our favourite eggless chocolate cake with a creamy rich chocolate ganache using our simple chocolate cake recipe.
- Preheat your oven for 20 minutes at 180° C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, vanilla essence and yoghurt.
- Add boiling hot water to this mix. Now, whisk till the sugar dissolves.
- Now, add baking powder, baking soda, coffee and cocoa powder to this mix and give it a good swirl.
- Sift the flour in the mixture and mix it gently till there are no lumps. Overmixing at this stage will stop your cake from becoming fluffy and airy. Just mix till there are no lumps.
- Pour this mixture over a greased mould. Grease the mould with oil/ butter or Ghee. brush some flour over it so that the cake comes out whole and beautiful.
- Bake this cake for 30 minutes at 180° C. Avoid opening the oven while the cake is baking. It will interrupt the process and the end result won’t be up to the mark.
- While the cake bakes, melt chocolate and cream together to form a thick ganache. Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 seconds interval and mix it with cream.
- You can also use the double boiler method on the stove to form a ganache. Boil water in a steel or brass vessel. Put a heat resistance tempered glass bowl on the top and melt the chocolate using a spatula. Once the chocolate gets silky smooth consistency add cream to it and mix.
- Demould the cake once it is completely cold. With a spatula, evenly spread the ganache on the top.
- Top it with freshly chopped mangoes or strawberries as per the seasonal availability. You can also use edible flowers to decorate the cake.
That’s all. Cut a slice and dig into this gooey heavenly chocolate cake that’s quite a delightful treat. I am sure this cake will remind you of those beautiful childhood days when things and dishes both were simple. No elaborate methods, no tiring baking. This recipe is a perfect pick for every time you wish to cheat with a chocolate cake.
Can you ever get enough of this? I guess not. This recipe is something you will keep coming back to again and again. Try this eggless chocolate cake recipe and indulge your family in a sweet treat. Be it a kid or an adult, this recipe is a pleaser for all.